Redemption


“You can’t run!” big thick man kept on repeating it and laughing while strangling her. Then she woke up all covered in a cold sweat and trembling. Night after night she’s been having this nightmare.
“Hey you! I said you can’t run!”
She looked in front of her and froze in fear. A man from her dreams was standing right before her.
“I promised you I’ll get back at you… even my death isn’t an obstacle. And stop pushing your husband, he won’t wake up until I let him.”
“Pplease, I’m sso ssorry…” she started begging him.
“So what,” he rudely interrupted her “I’m dead anyway. You sent me on electric chair… even though I was innocent, remember?” he paused for a second and continued “They paid you well to spit on justice. Yeah you, your husband, all this wealth, its all build on bloody money”
“Please, I’ll give it all away just…” she started begging again but he interrupted her “You destroyed so many lives. Redemption!” he squeezed his fingers into a fist and slowly turned it so his fingers were facing his chest now. Suddenly her husband woke up, he was chocking. He was struggling for a few minutes to cutch a breath but all in vain.
“That case you’re working on now” he continued as she was crying upon her husband’s dead body “I don’t care how much they paid you and how powerful they are. The man isn’t guilty and he should be free tomorrow!”
“Yes sir” she answered quietly as tears were running down her face.
“If you won’t, I’ll take your son” he said and disappeared immediately.
***
“You’re a free man now, what can you say to the world?” pretty female journalist asked a man who just walked out of court house.
“I… I believe in miracles now.” answered a man as tears of happiness were running down his face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wild Wild Beach

My Wife's Sister